Monday, September 04, 2006

My hero died today.

He was probably the most awesome man I never got to meet, and was without a doubt my hero. He lived each day of his life to the fullest, doing what he loved. He was a devoted and outspoken advocate for animal rights and conservation. He loved the normally unlovable creatures of the earth. He was a loving husband and a proud father. The legacy he leaves behind is amazing, and the footsteps left to fill are large ones. There was so much more to be done, sadly he can't help us see the bigger picture anymore.

My heart is heavy with grief for his family, for myself and for the world. I believe we've lost the modern day Noah. I'm sure that every animal waiting on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge cried out for Joy when he strolled over. They have thier friend with them. But there are tears of sadness here. All his animal friends at Australia Zoo have lost someone very special and I'm sure their little hearts are broken too.

Rest in peace Steve. You were loved. You are honored and you are greatly missed already.

Since he's not here to say it, I'm going to do it for him....."HA! Told you the crocs wouldn't get me!"

2 comments:

Teresa said...

"a modern day Noah"....I love the thought of that, Dai!

daionara said...

Me too. I miss him and I never even got the chance to meet him.