Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Forever changed

My life yesterday became forever changed. My husband filed for divorce. It came as a complete shock to me as he was still telling me he loves me. Just days, or maybe a week ago, he was talking about how he used to say he'd never get married again and just look at him now, happily married. Now he tells me that he hasn't been happy for a while now.

I'm wondering if it could be as simple as my not having sex with him the last time he came home. Maybe I made him feel bad somehow. Maybe it's not really about me at all. I don't know. I've spent 7 years of my life with this man. I thought I knew him. I thought he knew me.

As it turns out, we never really knew anything at all. Maybe something good will come out of this, maybe (I'm only saying it here dear blog) he'll change his mind and come home.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I *know* something good will come out of this for you. Refuse to be held back!

Honestly, I've never seen you this strong, and I am terrible proud of you. If I were your DH, I'd be shakin' in my boots big time!

daionara said...

He's upset right now. We talked yesterday and I said something he didn't expect and it made him get choked up. I don't know if it was because what I said (it's about him) made him feel bad, or if it was because I told him he owed it to the new chick to tell her the truth about himself. The WHOLE truth.