Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Last day of work, car woes and other stuff

So my last day at the bowling alley until September is Friday. *SIGH* I didn't even get the whole weekend, just one lousy day. I'm actually sad about this. I rather like the night staff there and TWO of them won't be there in September because they'll be off to college (high school seniors). But...Alex and I are going to the "Extreme" bowling Saturday night. I figure it won't hurt to let her stay up until 1:30pm LOL. I've been dying to bowl there for Extreme and because I worked it, couldn't. I can't wait!!! Hopefully my favorite regulars will be there, Howard will be for sure. Howard is a darling older gentleman who is mentally impaired. He does the Extreme bowling EVERY Friday and Saturday night. Now get this, Extreme starts at 11:30pm, but he gets there at like 9pm just to be sure he gets a lane. The other regulars are Chris and Debbie (a couple) and I'll miss them like crazy. I'm hoping to get thier phone number because I'd really like to hang out with Debbie some time.

Car woes. John's car went in for repairs AGAIN! It cost $80, lucky to be that low. But the boss has a friend who worked for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury for 20+ years and he gives us a discount since he now works out of his home. But get this...

The boss wrote a personal check to John to cover the cost of the repairs. That's how they usually do it, and then John just works off the debt. BUT!!! John's not working off this debt, I AM!!! Yah, I'm pissed. John decided that since I "have the time" that it'd just be easier if I did it. So I'll work the next two Sundays for the boss, and I net $40 out of the deal. The check was for $140 (we thought it'd be $100 for the car) which works out to be just over what I would earn on the books for that job. So...I make $40. Woo-hoo.

No comments: