Sunday, June 11, 2006

Blog updates n stuph like that there...

Been busy working and adjusting to a new schedule. Well schedule isn't bad just long hours to get used to. I work two days (12 hrs, 10 hrs) and then follow those with a night shift (7hrs). The man that works during the week (not one of us but one of that company's employees) took our stuff. Wacko. He's got it locked away so we have to bring our own clipboards and we don't dare leave blank reports there because he'll take those too. Wacko. We had a "good" chair to sit in, so this guy lets his dog sit in it and the dog pees in it. Now all we have to sit in is a really beat up office chair that isn't set straight anymore and wobbles. My feet don't touch anything (damn my short legs) so by the end of the shift my back is aching something awful. I keep hoping it's just a matter of adjustment, you know?

The drivers are getting used to seeing me now on the day shift and I must say I LOVE Sundays because I'm busy busy, vs Saturday where NOTHING happens.

My Monday shift...those guys love me. They wish I could work there Sun-Thurs nights hehe. They don't like the doofus. I don't blame them. We got a new gal but she's not very proactive either. It frustrates me when people are satisfied with themselves when they only do the minimal requirments. I have to do my best. Anything less is NOT ok.

So I've got four little afghans crocheted for doggies. I'm pondering finding a little pet boutique that might let me sell them there (besides the ones I've already donated to the shelter). If I could sell them for say...$25 then I could give the boutique $5 each blanket, so it's worth thier time too. I'm hoping the gal that runs the weiner rescue will let me sell them in her shop. She has an antique shop and a dachshund boutique. My blankies are perfect for dachshunds. Just ask Skyler. he tests each one for me LOL.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like things are going pretty well at work - I'm so glad for you!

Also, I think it's so great that you are making afghans for the shelter - I hope you can find a way to sell them, too!

daionara said...

Thanks Teresa!

Kat said...

I hope you can sell them!!!