Wednesday, June 21, 2006

So I've been thinking...

It's so hard for me to come up with interesting titles for these posts LOL.

First let's go over my weekend (work). I worked. Wow that was hard to cover huh? I talk on the phone, read my book, crochet and when I don't forget it, listen to the radio. Sundays are pretty busy for a while with rigs coming in and out. I like Mondays best though. The place I work is jumping all night long, the drivers LOVE me and there's an awsome wildcat that roams around. It's either a bobcat or a lynx. Big ol cat with an interesting coat, no tail, tufts at his (her?) ears. I LOVE IT!!!

Fathers Day was this weekend. I talked to my Dad and to my other dad too. First my dad. He's so funny. He says to me, "Thank you for taking the time to call me." HE'S MY FREAKIN' DAD! I like wouldn't call him. He's nuts LOL. When I spoke with the other dad, Richard, I was surprised at how many things we have in common in our political views. Religion, mmm not so much. He asked me if one had to believe that Jesus is the Son of God or is it simply enough to follow his teachings. But he used the word Christian. "Are you still a Christian if you follow His teachings. Is believing He is God's Son really the important part?" Of COURSE, otherwise you are a follower of Jesus, a Jesusian. Christians believe He is the CHRIST. What a bizzare way of thinking my father has.

Alex's dance festival is this weekend. Thank you Heavenly Father for getting us to this point. I'll probably be a parent volunteer, which will totally bite because I need to sleep so I can work Sunday. But they are having probablems with her wandering off. Last week they couldn't find her when everyone was loaded up to leave. She was busy chatting up a boy, she told her friend that she was about to "ask him out." UGH!!! Gonna have to have a discussion with her, big time.


So gonna be a problem having her look like this. She's too pretty. She's so nice and sweet and just a bit too boycrazy. I'm praying that she doesn't take this boy thing overboard. GRR.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Dai - it's only the beginning of Alex's boy-crazy years....brace yourself! My girls have fallen in and out of love so many times it makes my head swoon just thinking about it.

You're right though - she is beautiful - they're gonna be lining up at the door!

daionara said...

We have a bat. Much better, Daddy has a gun LOL. He said he'll be sitting on the sofa cleaning his gun when Alex goes out on her first date (16-17 years old). HAHAHA!

She gets mad at me because I occasionally remark, "You know, if I'd had an ugly child, she'd have had a lot more freedom than you have." I watch the news. They always abduct, molest, kill the cute children. Never the really homely ones!