Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dull as dishwater?

I really need to come up with something interesting or at LEAST commentable. Am I dull as dishwater or what?

Saturday I start a new shift, 6am to 6pm and then Sunday 6am to 4pm and then Monday 7pm to 2am. I'll hold that through the rest of the summer and then when my bowling alley hours start back up I'll do Friday nights 6p-2am and Saturdays 8p-2a. Then I think I'll pick up Sunday nights at the one place as well as the Monday night shift. That will give me 28 hours, just one less that my summer hours. YAY! I'm also going to be asking for a raise, at least back up to where I was when I left this company SEVEN YEARS ago.

I've been singing kareoke on Wednesday nights. The boss invites John and I out just about every Wednesday night for singing, it's almost getting to be fun. I love the boss's wife which is weird because she always used to make me uncomfortable because she's so polished. So far I have sung...

"Landslide" Dixie Chicks version. That flopped.
"Love Can Build A Bridge" The Judds. Not bad, not great.
"Could I Have This Dance" Anne Murray. People got up and danced but I haven't sang it again yet.
"Love Remains" Colin Raye. I sang it well but my boss says the song is sad.
"Annie's Song" John Denver. By far the best recieved.

How come I can sing well but yet it doesn't come across that way with Kareoke all the time? How come I care that I may sound bad when there are people that get up there and sound like sick cats? I dunno.

I've got three afghans ready for the animal shelter and a fourth one about 2/3 done. It gives me something to do, right?

The biggest issue right now, Skyler. His front legs are crooked and it seems like they are starting to bother him now. He licks at them a lot more now and whimpers a bit. We're taking him in to the vet for a check-up next week and maybe X-rays depending on what the vet says. We can't afford surgery but we'll think of something. He can walk and doesn't have a gait issue that we've noticed so maybe they'll just treat him with whatever pet version of "Tylenol" is. But it's a bit scary so say lots of prayers for our Bubba. His personality has really changed lately too, he's quieter and almost seems depressed. Since John has been home he's gotten re-attached to his Daddy and is REALLY a daddy's boy. Which of course bothers me because I want him to still be my boy. *Sigh* Makes me sad. Especially when he doesn't want to play with me when John's not home. He'll lay in my lap, but not play.

Uhm. Hrm. Guess that is it for now.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I hope Skyler is okay! And keep singing - I think it's cool that you are doing that!