Monday, May 01, 2006

The most boring job on the planet

I used to think I'd had boring jobs until tonight. This post I worked tonight and have to work again next Sunday to pay off John's loan from the boss...SUCKS! Here let me detail my night for you.

I get there and the gate is locked. Can't get John on the phone so I have to wait for him to show up. He doesn't have the code, has to call the boss. We get in the gate. John tells me what I am supposed to do and shows me how to get into the restroom (locked with coded lock), then he leaves.

I go around the back of the truck yard and write on my report the number of each trailer and whether or not it's full. This takes about a half hour.

Park car at front end of yard. This is all done by 8pm. I don't see ANYONE until nearly 11pm. Between 10:30p and midnight I see a total of FOUR trucks come into the yard hauling triple trailers. They each come in, drop ONE trailer and then leave. All this is finished by midnight. I see NO ONE ELSE until just before my shift is over when an employee of the truck yard arrives for work. I finish my paperwork and put it through the door. Shift over.

Thank God for the tv station I can pick up on the radio, and my books.

Sitting for that long, even with the short little jaunts out of the car, has caused my low back to just ache like crazy. It's this wierd pressure like sticking two suction cups together then trying to pull them apart. That's what my lower back feels like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, sounds pretty boring! :-) I'm sure that makes the time drag by, too. {{{hugs}}}

daionara said...

It does make for a long night. Thank God I love to read and always have a book or two in the car.