Thursday, May 11, 2006

New hours at work...meh!

Well the guy that worked a local site here for our company was diagnosed with a brain tumor and decided to spend what time he has left with his family. So I'm picking up some hours. I'm not thrilled because I don't like pain, and working longer hours brings pain. The up side is that I'm by myself so I can't offend anyone or say the wrong thing. Plus the boss gets a kick out of the fact that I naturally work HARDER than I have to. Though he says I need to knock it down a notch so the other officers don't look bad. See, I'll be doing very simple tasks. I have to check some things, document if they are full or empty (I think it's just busy work so the client sees paperwork and knows we did SOMETHING). Then the rest of the night I just write down who comes and goes. Last two times I did this I saw FOUR whole people. But...I document things very precisely. John says, "Anal retentively." But that's what I do.

Shrug, we'll just have to see how this works out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just "thorough", not anal retentive! LOL

daionara said...

Exactly. Now I'm hearing I may only be doing this for this week. They apparently gave another guy this schedule as of next week. No big deal really, not like my family needs to EAT or anything.