Friday, May 12, 2006

Two steps forward, three steps back..

So I get assigned this new site, more hours. Of course my body hates it but my mind was at ease about finances for once. Ah well some employee needs hours. A guy. Doesn't matter that this guy got canned from the bowling alley for not doing his job and that our company actually lost an account because, "he didn't get of the car often enough". Nope, he's been with the company longer so he gets senority. Whatever. Back to the drawing board.

Tonight was going fine, until the "manager" of the account showed up. He was upset because I didn't have the gate locked. I wasn't told that the gate needed to be locked when I was the on the property. I appologized, told him it wouldn't happen again but that I didn't know it was supposed to be locked, and then I locked the gate. Not 15 minutes later another guy shows up. He gets out of his truck and comes to the gate, fuddles with the lock. I could tell he was having problems with the lock (it's a crappy lock), so I got out to help him. What did I get? Here let me replay it for ya.

Him- Did you lock this gate?
Me- Yes Sir, I did.
Him- Why?
Me- (point to managers car) Because he told me to.
Him- Grumbles for a moment. This is bullshit.
Me- I'm sorry Sir, but it's what he said.
Him- No, I mean having the gate locked like this, it's bullshit. Can you see these numbers?
Me- Yes Sir, I'll unlock it for you.
(unlocked the gate) I opened up the one side of the gate so he could pull his pickup through. He opens the other side of the gate. Confusing me of course.
Me- Uhm. So, I have to lock the gate again behind. Because He said that the gate is to be locked at all times after business hours unless a driver (truck yard) is in the yard.
Him- That's shit!! Leave it open, there are more guys coming soon.

Thankfully a big rig pulled up and took the gate issue away. It was time for me to leave and there was now a driver in the yard. Gate stays open while driver is in the yard. Needless to say I have to call my boss in a couple hours.


John then informs me that *I* need go pay insurance today AND get the tags renewed on my car. So I'll be up until like 10 or 11, when I have to get sleep and by awake by 6pm. Nice huh? F*cker!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{dai}}}}}}}

Dy said...

*bops John on the head with a cast iron frying pan*

daionara said...

Yah sometimes I wanna. Right now he wants to go sing but the place he wants to go I don't like. He's mad but I told him earlier I'd go sing with him if we went to the place *I* like. Now it's after 10pm and he wants to go to the dumpy place. I'm not going!

Brenda said...

((dai))