Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Legend Of Drunken Bastard...

I think this thing is going to turn into a blog about my work. Every weekend something happens that I feel the need to talk out.

Yesterday was great, nice and slow. Sort of a letdown because we were expecting a large group of teenagers fresh off a drunken party but apparently they either got too drunk, or didn't party at all. There were all of 30 people there for the night bowling. Nice and calm.

Tonight? Soooo not the case. First, it was packed when I arrived. Stayed busy all night until about 10pm and then thinned out nicely. We were starting to think it'd be another slow night. Right around 10:15pm people starting coming in droves. They can't get lanes from 10:30pm until 11:00pm because they're clearing out the bowlers already inside. At 11pm anyone still left bowling either has to pay $14 per person or leave so that the 11:30 night bowling crowd can have the lanes.

There was a huge group that showed up about 11:15 or so. I'm talking multiple cars filled with people. The lead car flipped a spin (pulled up his e-brake) in the lot. I'm supposed to kick those guys off the property. They wouldn't leave. They weren't trying to get past me into the bowling alley, they just wouldn't leave. So I went in and told the night manager what was going on and he told me to have them come in and talk to him. Well he recognized one of the guys, so he let them stay. After telling me to get rid of people like that, he lets them stay. The bowling alley was full (all lanes occupied) by 11:36.

When it closed down for the night and everyone came out, the huge group of people (now much more intoxicated) came out. They had ZERO respect for me. They were making fun of me (oh don't pull your e-brake when you leave, the security might get you! She might call the cops, watch out. Ooohhh scary security...etc). But what should I expect after doing my job just to have the night manager make me look like an ass. But I'm done. Let them deal with the stupid assholes. Anyone that wants to come bowling, can go right on in. If they have an issue, "Oh I'm sorry but I thought it was ok to let them in. YOU DID!!!" Sure it could cost me my job, but he's doing a shitty job of backing me up when I try to enforce the rules that they gave me in the first place. UGH!

At one point the drunken bastards had a basketball out and were screwing around playing ball in the lot (after closing). I can't leave until the place is clear. So of course it took them FOREVER to leave. Actually, they didn't even go until they saw one of the employees leave.

No comments: