Thursday, February 23, 2006

Boy have I been busy!!!

Tuesday evening I get a call from N regarding "Oreo" (from here on out she is known as Stormy), a dog that one of her friends (I'd wager she's a dope or pot addict) owns. Apparently Stormy got bigger than this lady wanted. She'd be shut off in a laundry room and wasn't allowed out except to be taken on an occasional walk or to go potty. She got hit with a fly swatter as discipline and yelled at a lot. She was filthy, flea ridden, unvaccinated and in head. Well, we now have Stormy.

Skyler is afraid of her. We're hoping he warms up to her because if he doesn't, I mean really doesn't, we'll have to take her to the rescue. I probably should have just done that to start with before she became attached. Sure I like her, but I could have let her go. However, she follows me around EVERYWHERE, whines if I even go into the bathroom without it...it's nuts. If we end up having to give her up she's going to be MISERABLE. So, let's hope that Skyler continues to get better with her. He'll sniff her, but he still backs off from her and runs away when she tries to play. Getting her spayed should help mellow her and maybe then when she's settled down, he'll not be so scared. I dunno.

I took her in to the vet and got her shots, de-wormed, nails trimmed and had an exam done. She's in pretty decent health all things considered.

I'm EXHAUSTED! Gonna go take a nap. I only get a couple hours sleep at a time because she gets needy.

2 comments:

Mo said...

it sounds like Skyler *is* getting better with Stormy; I mean, he *was* growling and such at first, right? (we've at least moved on to "sniffing* now, right?!)

I'll keep on hopin' it gets better with each passing day, and look forward to the posts that say "they're inseperable".
:)

daionara said...

Nope. Apparently last night they got into a fight and John had to take Skyler into the bedroom to seperate him from Stormy. That was sort of the last straw. Stormy is now at the Dachshund Rescue. But it's run out of the lady's house and she's really nice and good with the dogs.