Sunday, February 26, 2006

There was a terrible shooting tonight.

I was standing outside as I usually do for work and I heard two POP's. I had enough time to debate with myself about whether they were gun shots or firecrackers when all of a sudden there were four more POP's. I called 911 when I heard sirens and was told there was "an incident". I only called because this was CLOSE. I mean those shots could have been fired from the apartments next to work, it was that loud. I needed to know if we needed to keep everyone inside for a while. So an incident is all I got told, until after 1am. A police officer came by to search our parking lot and to talk with me (gave the 911 operator my location, my name and the fact I was working outdoors and that I heard shots). I found out from that police officer that yes, I did hear gunshots. I was able to tell him how many times the gun was fired, which he said helped them a lot because the only people they'd talked to were so shaken up they couldn't be sure. But...someone was murdered tonight. I'm pretty shaken by it because while I didn't SEE anything, I heard it. I heard someone's life end tonight and I don't think it's something I'm going to get over very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is not something easily forgotten dai......hugs to you

Anonymous said...

k well i guess i dont know how to appear as me.......im not a blogger so i just wrote and posted.......anyhow...its me goosie

daionara said...

you can still enter your name, I enabled it to work that way, at least I thought I did.

Anonymous said...

Yep, just click other (make sure anonymouse isn't marked and put your name in, then click the publish your comment thing.