Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday ain't would it should be

what with me having to work and all. It's going to be brrrrrrrrrrrrr cold tonight! It's also the last couple of days for my favorite employee (B) where I work. Sigh, he's so funny!

WOOHOO!!! My Dad arrived to pick up Alex! He and I finished putting her bed together (He'd forgotten the bolts for the headboard when he brought all her furniture down) and then off they went. Well actually they are still in the driveway hehe. But still gone gone gone wheeeeeeeeee! I should feel bad for being so excited that my daughter will be gone until Monday, but I don't. We're having typical (or so everyone says) pre-teen vs parent angst. Let my folks deal with her I say, I need a break.

Mom leaves a week from tomorrow to go see my brothers family and then to see her folks. We're all very disapointed though, because my brother will be leaving two days before Mom gets down there. He has to go to Iraq, again (for the third time). Mom really wanted to see him, but his orders came through early. I know she's got to be feeling really down about it.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, it's almost time for me to get ready for work. BRRRRRR!
***************************************************************************

Holy heck it was cold tonight. I barely made it through the night and yet...it's supposed to be colder tomorrow (Well tonight now, seeing as it's 3am). YIKES. My nose hurts. See it gets cold, my nose says "time to run" and I spend all night blowing my nose. So now, on top of the thawing out pains I have "nose rubbed raw" pains too. GRRR! I wore a scarf over my head and then one of those earwarmer headband things on top of that. Then I had my big thick work jacket on over my uniform shirt which was over a t-shirt (which of course was over my bra). On the bottom half I had thermals and my jeans, two pair of socks and then my work shoes. Oh yeah I forgot something...I wore TWO pair of gloves. My feet suffered along with my nose and both are currently in a mid-thaw stage. BRR BRR BRR DAMMIT!

Mostly the night went fine though, but I'm going to get seriously homicidal if people don't stop saying, "Cold enough for ya?". Well DUH!!! The other one that bugs me is, "Your job must really suck." and other comments of that ilk. I'm working, what am I supposed to say, "Yes it sucks?" I don't think so, not if I want to keep my damn job. Plus, B wasn't there tonight. It would seem that he managed to do something to piss the powers that be off and got fired. Dammit. That put EVERYONE there in a foul mood tonight.

Two highlights of the night...a guy comes out totally drunk and says, "16 and 20...that's against the law right?" I told him yes, to which he responded, "See. I'm drunk and I still knew that." So I asked, "which one are you, 16 or 20". He not only informed me that he's not yet legal to drink (being only 20) but also that it was ok because his friend here WAS legal. So, here he's drunk and not legal and has just ratted out his friend for providing alcohol to a minor. I could have called the sherriff, but I didn't. Just told his friend to take his drunk buddy and leave and that he wouldn't be welcomed back. Second highlight...another drunk story. This guy is with a bunch of friends, I don't know WHICH of them actually owns the car involved. But the drunk guy gets on the car roof and starts screaming at the top of his lungs, "OH yeah, dancing on the cougar. Who wants to come party dance on the cougar with me?" Over and over again. Oy, the joys of my job.

2 comments:

Dy said...

Dang! That bowling alley seems to be a hotbed of activity - how come there are so many drunks around there?

Hope its warmer soon!!!!

daionara said...

because they serve alcohol there. Some of them are legal to drink, others just drink the booze thier friends buy for them. It's very difficult for the staff to see who's drinking what when they leave the counter. This is why I think that ALL alcohol should either stop being served since the 11:30pm-to1:30am crowd is mostly teens or else keep it confined to one area.