Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I am my own novel

Do not judge my pages because my cover looks like one you've seen before. Within the cover of my book, are pages full of things you've never read before. There are joys and sorrows the likes of which you have never seen and adventures you'd never even dreamed of. Each story within is as different as the snowflakes that fall in winter.

I am unique. I am an individual. Just because you know one bi-polar person does not mean you've met us all. Perhaps we read that this one killed himself, that one murdered her children or perhaps this one tried to take over the world. It doesn't mean I would do those things, or even think them. Perhaps this one has a normal life, or that one take five different medications and is stable. That doesn't mean that they are like me. We're all different. Stop trying to lump us in to one form.

I am like the spots on a leopard, the stripes on a zebra or my own thumbprint. There is no one else in the world like me, and I resent any implication otherwise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!

Anonymous said...

Love you, Dai!

Dy said...

I adore you sweetheart!!! Do NOT ever be afraid to speak whats in your heart. We *all* have dark places inside us and sometimes we just need a safe place to let those feelings come out, face them, deal with them. This is YOUR safe space! *hugs*

I'll always be here for you.

daionara said...

Thanks Kayhil and Boops and Dy!!! I love you gals very much!

Mo said...

That was very well-written, Dai. Really. hope we see more of this here. You have a talent for puttng things to paper.

~Mo